Biofocus’ services for the molecular detection of disseminated cancer cells in the blood stream allow for the identification of cancer patients probably at higher risk of relapse. These patients may benefit from additional adjuvant therapies. We use proprietary techniques to isolate micrometastases from peripheral blood. To determine the therapies most likely to be effective in these patients, we provide molecular analyses for the expression of drug targets and chemo-resistance markers in the tumor cells.
Please see the FAQ topics on the menu bar for more details.
- What's the story behind molecular oncology?
- What are the benefits of Biofocus' analyses?
- What kind of specimen does Biofocus need? What is the cost? How do I get results?
- How should blood be drawn by the physician?
- How should the specimens be shipped to Biofocus?
If you are interested in taking advantage of this examination, please follow our general hints and tips
shipment of the blood samples
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us by email, phone or fax